Thursday 26 March 2015

Change is the door of new start…

Human beings are extremely lazy. We love comfort. And comfort come from known, from the things we know. Unknown brings fear, insecurity and frustration. We inherently dislike change.

I too being a humble human being was happy in my hole with my family. I was Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Shire, very much happy there and strictly not looking for an adventure. The only thing I wanted from my life was financial security before getting married.

And what does your one want makes, you do? It made me leave my home, come into a strange city all alone, and start living there. There was no mom, who will wake you up every morning, no dad who will monitor your home coming timings.

There were plenty of responsibilities. I had to arrange for food on my own. I had to take care of my health, as I was afraid there won’t be anyone to care for me when I fall sick. I used to shop for food, clothing and groceries and better shelter or roommates. I started struggling for everything which, in my previous life style was available to me without any demand. Change became constant companion of my life. My tiffinwalas changed my food on their whims. My land lady used to change my room partners without prior intimation. As new employee, my work profile changed a lot. Needless to say I was very frustrated.

Due to the constant change, I met lots of people. The new people, who were never, part of my earliar life. And these people became my guiding stars in new life. I learnt new hobbies, read so many books that I had missed earliar. My roommates belonged to different horizons and every one added a color of their own in my life.

And this phase gave, me most important lesson of my life. Changes help you grow. Changes help you start a new life. Changes make you more responsible. Changes help you discover many dimensions of your personality which were earliar unknown to you. Changes make you a strong person.


The new start of my life in unknown city made me the strong willed person I am today. It taught the importance of Food, clothing and housing in my life. It taught me the value of family and friends in my life. It gave me the courage to take the risks, meet the new people and learn from my mistakes. It helped me to grow above my doubts, hesitations and guilt’s. The new start taught me to survive and to become better person. And as a result, I am no fit to face any new challenges in my life. It opened a door of a new life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment